This course is designed for any person involved in the manual handling of loads.
On completion of the course, successful candidates will be able to:
• Identify the health and safety risks associated with the manual handling of loads.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate action to take where such risks have been identified.
• Demonstrate best manual handling practice techniques in a variety of situations.
• Review of current legislation
• Risk assessment
• Manual Handling techniques
• Practical demonstrations
• Course closure
Lectures, discussions, slides, films and supervised practice.
It is important to stress that on-going supervision of staff involved in the performance of manual handling tasks by suitably qualified personnel is essential, if best manual handling practice techniques are to prevail at all timers in the workplace.
The benefits of training staff in this discipline include:
• Compliance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 with subsequent amendments.
• Reduction in the risk of injury to persons involved in the manual handling of loads.
• Reduction in the risk of damage to goods in the course of being handled.
• Greater professionalism and efficiency in the work place.
Duration: ½ Day
Max per course: 10
Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all trainees who complete the course.
Training Location: On or off site.
Instruction & Certification
All instruction and certification in conducted by QQI Level 6 accredited instructors who are qualified as such in their respective disciplines.
All records to be filed in the training record file